We’re working to make sure sustainability runs through every relevant part of our operating model – from the way we make decisions to our governance structure and our organisational culture.
As a leading sustainable energy company, we need to embed sustainability systematically into the way we do business, continually integrating sustainability into all relevant parts of our operating model so that we’re all pulling in the same direction: towards a greener future.
To truly support and lead a renewable energy build-out that’s done right, sustainability must be systematically embedded into the way we do business
We want to make sure our organisation and stakeholders clearly understand what’s important to us, where we need to focus our efforts – and who is accountable for our sustainability performance.
What are we doing?
To integrate sustainability in a consistent manner across our operating model, we’re focusing on three strategic pillars:
- Decision-making and accountability: We’re making sustainability criteria a key decision driver in our asset project model.
- Competences and governance: We’re strengthening our organisational set-up and competences to deliver on our sustainability priorities.
- Culture and leadership: We’re embedding sustainability in the mindsets and behaviours of all employees.
Latest updates from 2022
In our ongoing efforts to embed sustainability across our operating model, we implemented the following changes:
- Defined a 2025 sustainability road map covering the three key pillars above.
- Revised our short-term incentive scheme for the Group Executive Team to encourage individual contributions to our sustainability programmes, putting a particular focus on developing pioneering sustainability practices.
- Made plans to ensure all new offshore operations and maintenance facilities are always LEED certified.
- Developed an ESG risk assessment framework regarding our Power-to-X activities.
- Launched an internal working group focused on improving and maintaining workplace sustainability.
We’ll continue following our roadmap to implement our three strategic pillars.
Accountability lies with our Head of Global Stakeholder Relations, Chief Human Resources Officer, heads of regions, Head of P2X, and Head of Strategy, Portfolio & Partnerships.
This programme contributes towards the following Sustainable Development Goals: