Download the report
In 2023, we prepared for the EU’s Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) by integrating our sustainability reporting into the annual report, resulting in our first integrated reporting and double materiality assessment.
To read about our sustainability performance, including the complete set of Ørsted’s environmental, social and governance indicators, please see the sustainability statements section of our annual report.
Highlights from 2023
Science-aligned climate action
- Procured low-carbon copper for the export cables at Hornsea 3, reducing emissions from export cables by ~50 %.
- Formed a partnership with Vestas to procure 25 % low-emission steel turbine towers for all joint projects.
- Signed a large-scale supply agreement with Dillinger, which in part enables Dillinger to invest in a low emission steel production route, reducing their company emissions by 55 % in 2030.
Green energy that revives nature
- Issued an industry first blue bond to increase investments towards offshore biodiversity and sustainable ocean fuels.
- Protected and restored up to 3,000 acres of tallgrass prairie near Sunflower Wind in Kansas, US, together with The Conservation Fund and The Nature Conservancy.
- Continued our biodiversity pilot projects, including the seascape restoration project in the UK, the ReCoral project in Taiwan, and 3D-printed reefs in Denmark.
- Became early adopters of the Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD).
A green transformation that works for people
- Committed to supporting a just transition through decent jobs and thriving communities. This was carried out by human rights trainings, respectful working environment campaigns, co-prosperity programmes for indigenous communities, and partnerships with the Responsible Mining Assurance (IRMA) and the International Responsible Business Conduct Agreement (IRBC) for the Renewable Energy Sector
Governance that enables the right decisions
- Continued efforts to embed sustainability across all relevant parts of our operating model
- Ensured EU taxonomy-alignment of all projects with final investment decision (FID)
- Received continued recognition for our commitment to sustainable tax practices, obtaining the Fair Tax Mark for the second consecutive year
Receive the Ørsted Newsletter
Sign up for the Ørsted Newsletter, and more, to get the latest details about what we're working on. You'll hear inside stories from our experts and we'll update you regularly about our projects, partnership, plans and more.