3. Recipients of personal data
Depending on the circumstances, Ørsted may share your data with:
- Suppliers who work with us to assist Ørsted
- Group enterprises – see list of Ørsted enterprises in our annual report
- Players in the energy sector (distribution companies, Energinet.dk, public authorities and energy suppliers)
4. Personal data about other parties that you provide
5. Transfer of personal data to third countries
In certain situations, Ørsted will transfer personal data to countries outside EU/EEA.
Such transfers to third countries will be made on the following legal basis
- The countries have been deemed by the Commission of the European Union to have an adequate level of protection of personal data (so called safe third countries).
- If the countries have not been deemed by the Commission of the European Union to have an adequate level of protection of personal data: Ørsted will provide appropriate safeguards for the transfer through standard contractual clauses, as published by the Commission of the European Union, for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
You can obtain a copy of this contract by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Storage of your personal data
We will store your personal data as long as it is necessary for the purpose described in section 2 above and/or as required under applicable law, and we will then delete or anonymise your personal data appropriately.
The criteria we will use to determine the storage period of your personal data will therefore depend on the purpose for which the personal data have been collected as well as the rules on storage which is required by specific national legislation.
7. Your rights
When we process your data, you have the following rights:
- You have the right of access to, rectification, or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and to have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- In particular, you have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for use for direct marketing purposes.
- If the processing of your personal data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing performed before withdrawal of your consent.
- You have the right to receive the personal data that you have provided yourself in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (in Denmark the Danish Data Protection Agency).
You can exercise your rights by contacting us; see clause 8. These rights may be conditional or restricted. For example, you may not have the right to data portability in a particular case. It depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activities.
8. Contact Ørsted regarding the processing of personal data
You can always contact Ørsted if you have questions about our processing of your personal data, or if you wish to object to how your personal data is processed, by writing to email@example.com or by phoning +45 99 55 11 11.
You can also lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority. In Denmark, the supervisory authority is: