Science-aligned climate action
The world urgently needs to deliver carbon reductions to keep global warming within 1.5° Celsius – the limit required to avoid the catastrophic and uncontrollable consequences of climate change.
The following five sustainability programmes address the challenges we are tackling to get there. By scaling our green energy business while delivering carbon reductions, we enable and inspire others to take science-aligned climate action.
Globally, we are the first energy company to have our 2040 net-zero target and underlying reduction targets for scope 1-3 approved as ‘science-based’ by the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi).
1. Decarbonisation of energy generation and operations
2. Decarbonisation of supply chain and wholesale buying and selling of natural gas
3. Deployment of offshore wind and onshore renewables
4. Greener combined heat and power plants
5. Integrated and reliable energy systems