Diversity and equal opportunity
Companies have a responsibility to attract and develop their workforce and develop a supply chain that reflects the diversity of the communities in which they operate. This is essential to support an inclusive and equitable build-out of green energy.
We want to build an organisation where diversity, equity, and inclusion accelerate our global growth. Our ambition is (i) embedded in our business strategy and all our talent decisions, (ii) central to our sustainability agenda and regulatory requirements, (iii) global in approach and tailored to local needs, (iv) defined broadly around visible and invisible diversity, and (v) informed by data so we act on evidence and track progress.
- Our new ambition for gender balance is at least a 40|60 balance across Ørsted by 2030, tracked at three levels: senior director and above; people managers; all employees.
- We have introduced employee diversity dashboards to measure gender, nationality, and age across career levels and business areas to increase transparency and strengthen accountability among top management and team leaders.
- We have completed an equal pay analysis across several regions, published a report on the results, and taken steps to address inequity.
- We have matured our inclusion networks into a global movement of more than 1,000 members, with a network in every region supported by senior leaders.
- Our Management Team takes part in training to expand and consolidate its understanding of an inclusive and equitable organisation.
- We were an official partner to WorldPride and EuroGames in Copenhagen in 2021.
Actions for the future
Improve our strategic approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion so that it embeds inclusion of diversity in all our People & Development processes, makes it a core part of how we work with our suppliers, and identifies ways for us to grow and diversify the pool of talent seeking to work within renewable energy.