1.3. Recipients of your personal data
Ørsted shares your data with:
- Suppliers, including IT vendors, support and financial institutions that we work with to assist Ørsted
- Group companies – please see our annual report for a list of companies in the Ørsted Group
- Public authorities
- Partners – including our Tier 1 and 2 contractors where we believe they may be interested in buying your product or service
- Energy industry players (distribution companies, Energinet, public authorities and energy conservation officers)
1.4. Personal data about others that you provide
1.5. Transfers to countries outside the EU/EEA
We may transfer your personal data to the following countries outside the EU/EEA:
- Ørsted’s Malaysian subsidiary, which helps us develop and ensure that our IT systems are updated
The above countries have not been deemed by the European Commission to have an adequate level of protection of personal data. We will provide appropriate safeguards for the transfer:
Through the use of ‘Model Contracts for the Transfer of Personal Data to Third Countries’ as published by the European Commission, or any other contractual agreement approved by the competent authorities. You may obtain a copy of the contract/agreement by contacting us at email@example.com.
When we process your personal data, you have the following rights:
- You have the right to request access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data.
- You also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data and have the processing of your personal data restricted.
- In particular, you have an unconditional right to object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- You have the right to receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format (data portability).
- You may always lodge a complaint with a data protection supervisory authority, e.g. The Danish Data Protection Agency.
You can make use of your rights by contacting us, cf. 1.7. If you have consented to the processing of your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
There may be conditions or restrictions on these rights. There may be particular cases where you are not entitled to data portability. This depends on the specific circumstances of the processing activities.
1.6. Inquiries and filing complaints
If you wish to contact us about this policy, about the processing of personal data or to file a complaint regarding Ørsted’s processing of your personal data, you are always welcome to write to us at email@example.com or call us on tel. +45 99 55 11 11.
If your complaint is not resolved by Ørsted to your satisfaction, you can choose to bring the matter before the courts or to file a complaint with the local data protection authorities. In Denmark, the local data protection authority is: