Egetæpper A/S is among the world leaders in terms of design, development and production of unique qualitycarpets with due respect for the environment.
Egetæpper's climate efforts:
- To reduce the energy consumption by 20% during the period 2006/2007 to 2013/2014.
- To reduce the CO2 emission by 20% during the period 2006/2007 to 2013/2014.
- To develop and implement a climate strategic training programme for sales personnel.
- In the past five years, the energy consumption has been reduced by approximately 50 million kWh in total. This corresponds to a reduction of 21%. This target has been achieved through implementation of energy saving projects within ventilation, recycling of waste water, heating and lighting, among other things. The cost savings correspond to the electricity consumption of approximately 2,500 Danish households.
- For the past five years, the total CO2 emission has been reduced by 22% and amounts to approximately 24,000 tonnes in total. This corresponds to the average CO2 emission of 1,600 people living in Denmark
- The training programme has been developed so that Egetæpper's sales personnel all over the world is equipped to talk about Egetæpper's work on climate initiatives.
DONG Energy's climate partnerships
DONG Energy has almost 150 climate partners, and they range from Danish companies such as Novo Nordisk and AP Møller Maersk to Naturmælk, Premier Is and Copenhagen ZOO.
The basic model of the partnership agreements consists of three elements:
- Reduction of energy costs and the companies' individual CO2 emission.
- Support for investments in new renewable energy.
- Knowledge sharing, network and communication.
The individual climate partnership agreements are tailored to the partner's individual requirements. For example, this could be solutions involving the climate partner's employees. It could also be agreements on extension of wind turbines, procurement strategy for energy, etc.
From 2010 to 2012, Egetæpper's CO2 emission has been reduced by 4,500 tonnes. At the same time, the carpet manufacturer's energy consumption has been reduced by approximately two million kilowatt hours. The above is the result of a fruitful cooperation with DONG Energy. ”Our objective is to put focus on climate strategy, achieve further energy savings and communicate about our climate efforts to a greater extent. "DONG Energy is assisting us in structuring our efforts even further so that we ensure continuous focus and progress in the climate partnership," said Jan Ladefoged, Quality and Environmental Manager in Egetæpper.
This positive result means that the carpet manufacturer's targets have been achieved one year ahead of schedule, and Egetæpper is now setting new ambitious targets for energy and CO2 reductions in cooperation with DONG Energy.
DONG Energy ensures competitiveness
In a climate partnership, the partners and DONG Energy build a close relation which is of major importance for the cooperation. Consequently, DONG Energy can offer advice based on a profound knowledge of the partner. This will help Egetæpper to keep abreast of the competitors.
"Our climate partnership with DONG Energy contributes to ensuring that we're one step ahead so that we're able to meet the wishes and requirements of the customers, and at the same time make it good business for us. The partnership has enabled us to formulate a vision stating how Egetæpper will handle environmental matters in five and ten years," said Jan Ladefoged.
"DONG Energy's contribution to the development and realisation of Egetæpper's climate strategies is based on several areas," explained Mette Lundgren Beck, Senior Partnership Manager in Customers & Markets.
"The cooperation is based on three areas: A continuous process where we suggest and implement energy savings, document that part of Egetæpper's electricity consumption comes from wind turbines and continuous visualisation of Egetæpper's climate efforts internally and externally."
A climate partnership prepares you for the future
A climate partnership offers a good launch pad for the partners' future climate targets and presents a good opportunity for discussing new opportunities and focus areas on a regular basis.
Jan Ladefoged sees several advantages in connection with the climate partnership with DONG Energy, both now and in future.
"Our continuous focus on CSR has shown that climate considerations and good business go hand in hand and at the same time, we're well prepared for a potential stricter legislation within the energy area," he ended.