If you think about how much the population is increasing and how much waste each of us produces, it´s clear we need new and innovative solutions for managing waste. Much of our rubbish could be recycled, in fact up to 84% of a typical average household
Northwich Renescience plant
- Treats up to 120,000 tons of waste per year equivalent to waste from approximately 110,000 UK homes.
- 5 MW of baseload electricity generation
- Creates clean recyclable material (plastic and metals), that can be used to make new plastic and metal based products
- Clean inerts/gravel will be produced for use e.g. road construction
- A by-product of the process – called digestate - can be used for land restoration (from mining).
- The non-recyclable parts such as shoes, pieces of wood, textiles, foils with no recycling interest etc. will become fuel material for cement kilns and/or incineration plants elsewhere.