Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you win renewable energy projects that’ll bring thousands of new jobs, billions of dollars of new investment, and power entire cities with clean energy
Join us in this role where you’ll compete to win nationally significant offshore wind projects as well as identifying, evaluating, and entering new markets and technologies, and where you’ll have the opportunity to work with and support the Head of Growth, bid development directors (the most senior project managers on our bids), and the Head of New Markets (within the Growth team). As a junior member of the Growth team, you’re the future of our business, and we’ll invest in your development.
Welcome to North America Project Development & Growth
You’ll be part of the Growth team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for keeping our company ahead of the competition and securing an exciting future pipeline of business opportunities across the Americas. Reporting to the Head of Growth, you’ll work across the entire growth mandate, including participating in multibillion-dollar state-run competitive power offtake solicitations, identifying and evaluating new growth opportunities (new geographies and/or new technologies), and executing new market entries and market development work.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting senior members of the Growth team by conducting insightful analyses, coordinating and leading workstreams, and preparing presentation and decision materials
- developing and project managing our bid proposal documents
- leading small growth projects, conducting competitive analyses, monitoring new technologies, and evaluating new business opportunities
- liaising with key internal stakeholders (and, if applicable, JV partners) to develop consensus for new opportunities and completion of tasks.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have an adaptable and responsive attitude to your work and are willing to take ownership of tasks and challenges
- have the ability to conduct detailed and insightful analyses as well as having excellent all-round communication skills (verbal and written) to concisely explain the conclusions
- are interested in and passionate about building a cleaner energy future
- have +2-3 years of experience within a large corporate, advisory, consultancy, or investor operating in the energy, utilities, infrastructure, and/or power sectors.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 19, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Recruiting Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be based in our US office in Boston, MA, with regular travel required to our other office locations both in the US and abroad.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.