Engineering and construction
Concept & Layout Engineer
Imagine a future where you’ll make the world greener by optimising wind farm layouts in our global market.
Join us in this role where you’ll be optimising the scope for the development of technical concepts and layouts for offshore wind farm development projects.
Welcome to Wind Farm, Concept Department
You’ll be part of the concept team, which is an international and growing team of currently 17 enthusiastic engineers with diverse backgrounds. You, together with your colleagues, will play an important role in actively optimising wind farm concepts. You’ll be reporting to the head of Concept and various project managers. We work as a strong project matrix organisation, and project management is based on the PMI project management structure and terminology.
You’ll play an important role in:
- coordinating, challenging, and ensuring alignment across all case drivers, including technical specifications, CAPEX, OPEX, ABEX, yield, and risk
- analysing and coordinating internal stakeholders’ and occasional external stakeholders’ input in relation to the technical design envelope and consent processes
- analysing wind farm scenarios by combining WTGs, foundation concepts, positioning of substations, turbines, and cables in cooperation with managers for each technical area
- performing technical scope/case management and coordinating technical interfaces while ensuring clear communication in the project and towards external stakeholders
- providing recommendations to management in relation to specific technical and commercial issues and risks based on input from relevant experts.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience with offshore wind farms or offshore work within the field of wind turbines, electrical systems, or offshore installation processes
- have a good analytical understanding of the cross-disciplinary effects between the technical solutions and the business cases
- have strong communication skills, and can easily engage with stakeholders at all levels
- are self driven, and have a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks to create visible results
- preferably, have a master’s degree in engineering or a similar discipline.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 18 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Tove Susanne Dalsgaard, Manager, on +4599555721 if you’d like to know more about the position. Depending on your experience, you’ll be employed at either specialist or senior specialist level.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.