Engineering & Science – Wind Power
High Voltage Control Engineer for Offshore Operations
Imagine a future where you’ll be responsible for the safe operation and control of the high voltage assets, ensuring continued supply of renewable energy from the Borssele 01+02 offshore wind farm.
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for the maintenance and operation of the high voltage assets, which includes high voltage switchgear and submarine cables (array cables).
Welcome to Borssele 01+02 Operations
You’ll be part of Site Support where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure that the Borssele Operations team is supported in the effective operation and maintenance of the offshore wind farm providing high voltage support. The Site Support team aims to be the local function that will keep the Operations team focused on maintaining a supply of renewable energy by providing effective support to all members.
You’ll play an important role in:
- overseeing the maintenance and operation of the high voltage assets which include switchgear, export, and array cables
- having installation responsibility for the high voltage and low voltage assets, including ensuring compliance and safe operation of assets by the high voltage team
- leading the high voltage service team of high voltage technicians who will cover all high and low-voltage maintenance work, both scheduled and unscheduled as required, within the wind farm.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have substantial experience of electrical working and maintenance as a Senior Authorised Person (SAP)
- have a bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- have detailed insight and documented knowledge of management of maintenance programmes and planning, preferably from on-/offshore energy assets, power plant, oil, gas, or similar industries
- are fluent in Dutch and English, both verbally and in written form.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 1 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Christopher Farren, Site Support Manager, BSW Site Support, on +31 6 21 91 06 14 if you’d like to know more about the position. For more information regarding the recruitment process, please contact Marsha Dewnath, HR Advisor, on +316 34 09 34 21.