Engineering & Science – Wind Power
Senior Protection Engineer
Imagine a future where you become part of the implementation of an efficient, flexible, and green strategy for our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll have a portfolio-wide focus and be responsible for ensuring regional cross-portfolio technical alignment, the quality of the protection system scope, and efficient communication with transmission owners, system operators, and other regulatory authorities.
Welcome to THC Protection Systems
You’ll be part of the THC Protection Systems department, which is responsible for the protection system in the wind farm transmission system. We are currently nine engineers with six different nationalities working in Denmark and the UK. We look forward to welcoming you in our team.
You’ll play an important role in
- ensuring the technical readiness and compliance with standards and regulatory requirements of the projects across the region, together with the project engineers
- being the single point of contact for the protection scope for projects in the development phase in the US
- supporting procurement and execution project teams in the region as well as back office as required
- ensuring the harmony and quality of the project engineers working on compliance with the local transmission owner’s regional requirements and standards
- assisting with HV electrical system fault investigations and ensuring that the company’s standard processes and documentation are followed or modified as necessary to meet US market requirements.
- being responsible for ensuring quality and consistency of the cross-portfolio designs and documentation prepared for the external stakeholders following the department templates and processes.
To succeed in the role, you’ll have
- a bachelor’s or, preferably, a master’s degree in electrical engineering
- extensive understanding of protection and control regulatory requirements applicable in the Northeastern US
- experience implementing protection scopes for multiple transmission owners in the region, either in a permanent position or as a consultant
- a strong knowledge of protection systems, high voltage equipment, civil and structural interfaces, and suppliers
- a proactive and systematic approach to your work tasks, speak and write English fluently, and thrive in an international environment while managing strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- the ability to be a dedicated team member and are flexible, reliable, responsible, and ready to take ownership.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible and no later than August 5, 2020, as we’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact the Recruitment Specialist by email on email@example.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Please note that you’re expected to do some traveling in relation to your work, both domestically and occasionally to our offices in Europe.
Please note that access to CEII documents necessary to perform this role may require a background check.