Sales and energy trading
Imagine a future where you generate value from trading and enable the green transformation of the energy sector
Join us in this role where you’ll be driving performance of our trading activities in the UK Power and Cross Commodity strategies.
Welcome to Market Trading
You’ll be part of UK Power and Cross Commodity where you, together with your colleagues, will generate value by trading European energy markets as well as enable Ørsted to manage it’s energy market risks. We share the ambition to deliver excellent trading results by continuously discussing and analysing market developments and cooperate on identifying attractive trading strategies. As a team, we’re dynamic and work in a result-oriented way. We continuously collaborate on identifying market opportunities and interpreting market events whilst they unfold, thus providing the ideal platform for you to grow your career in trading. We value open communication and sharing of insights internally and in the wider organisation.
You’ll play an important role in:
- delivering strong trading results in UK Power and Cross Commodity, trading UK power and the wider energy market, European carbon, gas, and power markets
- trading and managing options covering standard, plain vanilla products and utilising your experience within non-standard and structured products
- developing creative and effective hedging strategies for our renewable assets and building expertise in new markets as the portfolio grows
- improving strategies through analysis, prototyping, and collaboration with developers and analytical support team
- sharing your expertise with your colleagues, taking responsibility, and collaborating within an international work environment.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have proven experience in trading, demonstration of risk management, and position taking
- are able to quickly grasp new concepts and trading ideas and strategies
- are a diligent, hard-working, strong team-player
- possess strong Excel, VBA, and Python skills
- demonstrate outstanding numerical and analytical skills.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.