Engineering and construction
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re the go-to mechanical engineer for the wind turbines in our future wind farm projects around the world
Join us in this role where you’ll be working towards an offshore substation asset project, incl. managing technical interfaces, handling supplier contracts, and determining possible technical solutions and improvements.
Welcome to Power Transmission Electrical & Mechanical Engineering APAC
You’ll be part of the Power Transmission Engineering team where you, together with your colleagues, will be technically responsible for all mechanical and electrical components of the offshore/onshore substation. We support the business throughout the value chain covering development, project execution, and handover to operations. As a team, we value the open communication with all our stakeholder and our willingness to learn with strong focus on our mission to create a world that runs entirely on green energy.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing mechanical engineering activities and third-party design contract from development to execution of substation package for windfarm projects
- the design of mechanical, HVAC, and fire safety systems on onshore and offshore substations during all phases, from concept to commissioning
- preparing technical specifications, design basis, lists, and calculations for mechanical, HVAC, and fire safety components for both onshore and offshore substations
- participating in FAT/SAT of mechanical, HVAC, and fire safety systems and ensuring the deliverables from engineering, fabrication, and principal contractors are the right quality according to requirement
- reviewing and guiding the contractor on general offshore substation layout, mechanical solutions, equipment design, and specifications, incl. concept design, detailed design, and as-built documentation
- participating in project team meetings and cross-disciplinary cooperation and supporting supervision and commissioning activities, as well as handover to Operation & Maintenance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a degree in mechanical or marine engineering or similar, and are interested in working with mechanical, HVAC, and fire safety design for onshore and offshore substations
- have extensive relevant technical design experience within mechanical, HVAC, or fire and safety design in offshore substations or offshore oil and gas projects
- have hands-on experience with P&IDs, design calculations, equipment sizing, and specifications within mechanical discipline
- have a strong analytical and systematic approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly
- Are fluent in Mandarin with strong reading and writing skills is a requirement for effective contract comprehension and communication
- thrive in an international environment and enjoy creating good relationships with a set of diverse stakeholders.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us as soon as possible. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.