Engineering and construction
Green Methanol Plant Manager (P2X)
Imagine a future where you’ll be responsible for our new state-of-the-art facility in Sweden, FlagshipONE, which will be Europe’s largest green e-methanol facility
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for leading the site team and managing production of green methanol and be accountable for compliance with all environmental regulations and safety standards. The role is challenging, as you’ll be responsible for all aspects of the new plant’s operations, HSE, and P&L. While the plant is under construction, you’ll have a key role as you build, lead, and develop a team of highly skilled colleagues that will enable the plant to be successfully commissioned and safely operated, maintained, and optimised throughout the asset life cycle.
Welcome to FlagshipOne
You’ll be part of FlagshipOne Team where you, together with your colleagues, will support Operations Readiness in establishing the Operations & Maintenance management system and organisation before the plant start-up, participate in the project to asset handover assurance process, and be responsible for the safe operations and maintenance of the plant throughout its lifecycle. You’ll be part of the Asset Management Leadership team where you’ll assess and optimise HSE and technical and economic performances through continuous improvement. As a team, we work in a dynamic and lean way, while taking time to learn from our progress and setbacks in this new business unit. We share a common development perspective in a cooperative environment where diversity and inclusion are the main drivers.
You’ll play an important role in:
- overseeing all aspects of plant operations, ensuring efficient and safe production of green methanol, and developing and implementing operational strategies, policies, and procedures to optimise production
- ensuring compliance with all applicable safety, health, environmental regulations, guidelines, and standards and developing and enforcing safety protocols, procedures, and training programs
- leading and managing a diverse team of plant personnel, providing clear direction, coaching, and supporting to optimise individual and team performance
- overseeing all aspects of plant maintenance, ensuring timely execution of preventive and corrective maintenance of plant equipment and infrastructure
- developing annual budgets for the plant operations, monitoring expenditures, and taking appropriate actions to control costs and optimise financial performance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive and proven experience from a field managerial role within chemical manufacturing, oil and gas, industrial gas, or similar industrial environments
- can communicate well and form relations with relevant internal and external stakeholders, preferably both in Swedish and English
- have strong knowledge of methanol production processes, plant operations, related technologies or similar
- have leadership experience in field safety, health, and environmental regulations and standards
- have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in chemical engineering, process engineering, or a related field.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than [[applicationDeadline]]. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact [[vpOfStaffingName]], [[contactPersonTitle]], on [[vpOfStaffingPhone]], if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.