Operations and technicians
Safe Systems of Work Coordinator
Imagine a future where you promote recycling whilst generating green power, enabling waste as a resource for chemical recycling and beyond
Join us in this role where you’ll lead the improvement of Safe Systems of Work at our Renescience plant located in Northwich, Cheshire. You’ll play a key role in heading improvement projects on site which includes close collaboration and coordination with teams in Denmark. You’ll become one of our experts on the Renescience assets and systems to supervise change projects, troubleshoot, and contribute to plant performance optimisation.
Welcome to Renescience
You’ll be part of our Operations team where you, together with your colleagues, will combine your past expertise with new insights that you’ll gain about innovative Renescience green technology. As a team, we share our knowledge and draw on individual competences to achieve our common goals. We challenge each other to develop a team full of experts.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maintaining the highest standards of Health, Safety, Environment and Quality, supporting Operations and Maintenance with planning, directing, and managing operational performance
- ensuring compliant coordination of industrial cleaning works, promoting the correct standards of cleaning works during daily operations and driving cleaning teams to deliver operational requirements
- ensuring adherence to LOTO procedure for all planned maintenance and contractor works requiring equipment isolation
- facilitating contractor control by means of RAMS approval, permit issue, and ensuring work is completed in a sage manner to agreed standards and quality.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have knowledge and experience of the UK waste industry, understanding and experience of process operations and approved safe systems of work, and experience with management of document control systems, incl. archiving
- have experience with control system operations, permit to work systems, LOTO, and activities of specific risk, incl. confined spaces, working at height, etc.
- have experience of team leadership, inspiring and promoting collaboration in teams, and have a record of efficient execution of tasks with successful KPI completion
- are a logical thinker, have determination to see things through, and can multi-task and control simultaneous operations, making decisions that impact operations
- have a safe and methodical mindset when it comes to decision making
- bring nuanced commercial insights to your daily tasks, facilitating good decision making and prioritisation.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 29 October 2023.
Please don’t hesitate to contact David Beddows, Operations Manager, on (United Kingdom +44 (Do not use)) 7584588451 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays between 12:00-14:00 GMT; GMT Standard Time if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.