Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Accountant
Imagine a future where you ensure excellent financial reporting by leveraging business knowledge and process optimisation
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning the Group’s legal entities, incl. month-end closing, reconciliations, statutory accounts, as well as for performing internal controls. You’ll also play a significant role in process optimisation, aided by your significant experience in the field.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be part of the Financial Accounting Nordics team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for delivering standardised, high quality, and timely accounting and reporting products within FAC. As a team, we create a workplace culture centred around teamwork and development through close collaboration with our colleagues and stakeholders within and outside of the FAC department.
You’ll play an important role in:
- preparing appropriate financial journals and reconciling your entities’ accounts with respect to tight period-end close deadlines
- preparing statutory accounts, engaging with our external auditors and providing high-quality audit documentation
- reporting on a number of legal entities for group reporting purposes (IFRS) and maintaining a high-quality control environment
- delivering on other local reporting requirements, e.g., VAT and National Statistics
- driving the continuous optimisation of processes, specifically in connection with month-end closing and our reporting systems, and involvement in ad hoc projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, controlling, or similar (ACA-qualified)
- are a highly competent user of the Microsoft Office suite, incl. Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint and have experience with financial accounting/reporting software (SAP/Hyperion is desirable)
- have extensive relevant experience working in a public accounting firm or a controlling department in an international company, incl. thorough knowledge of IFRS and/or a local GAAP
- take an analytical and logical approach to issues, as well as having the ability to handle the information you receive with a critical eye
- are results-oriented, set visible and relevant goals for your tasks, and are a problem-solver with a positive can-do attitude
- thrive in a changing environment, take responsibility, and enjoy working with colleagues across teams and national borders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 30 June 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Ben McVeagh-Holness, , on (+44) 07584521987, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.