Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Analysts
Employer: Orsted North America, Inc., 401 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 501, Chicago, IL 60611
Job Location: Orsted North America, Inc., 401 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 501, Chicago, IL 60611
Duties include the following:
- Ensure the quality of the financial modeling for the business’s operating wind, solar and battery portfolio in the United States, as well as Mergers and Acquisitions (“M&A”), Divestments and tax equity;
- Check models built by other analysts for quality;
- Serve as the primary point of contact for all key decisions involving operating assets including tax equity, procurement, Power Purchase Agreements (“PPAs”), insurance and other operational updates;
- Coordinate across internal teams (Financial Planning and Analysis (“FP&A”), accounting, project finance and asset management) to ensure quality and accuracy of all numbers and metrics shared with partners, auditors and senior management; and
- Perform additional ad-hoc analysis across portfolio as necessary.
Telecommuting is an option.
Employer requires a candidate to have at least a bachelor's degree in Finance or a closely related field and four (4) years of work experience as a Financial Analyst, or related occupation, performing financial modeling and complex transactions, including tax equity partnerships, sale leasebacks, back leverage, construction financing, and acquisitions (i.e., evaluating investment and divestment opportunities and modeling complex revenue structures for the Company’s project portfolio).
In addition, the employer requires the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of modeling complex revenue structures for a variety of U.S. power markets (i.e., modeling complex revenue structures such as Purchase Power Agreements (“PPAs”) and Renewable Energy Certificates (“RECs”)) gained through four (4) years of work experience;
- Demonstrated experience working on M&A opportunities, including acquisitions and divestments (i.e., evaluating investment and divestment opportunities and completing various sensitivity analyses to support business case development), gained through four (4) years of work experience;
- Demonstrated experience with updating tracking models for tax equity investors gained through four (4) years of work experience; and
- Demonstrated knowledge of the FP&A process, including updating project actuals and short-term forecasts gained through four (4) years of work experience.
All years of experience may be gained concurrently.
Applicants can send resumes to Orsted North America Inc., 401 N. Michigan Avenue, Suite 501, Chicago, IL 60611 or apply online Vacancies: See All Available Jobs | Ørsted Careers (orsted.com)