IT and digital
Lead DevOps Engineer
Imagine a future where you work in the world’s most innovative energy enterprise aiming to create a world that runs entirely on green energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a wonderful team in an agile organisation, looking after our wind operations and taking DevOps to a more strategic direction for a large portfolio of applications. In this role, you’ll have an amazing opportunity to act as DevOps evangelist. Being part of our team puts you in a central position and enables you to introduce a state-of-the-art DevOps mindset among Software engineers, architects, and the infrastructure.
Welcome to the Middleware & Containers Management Competence Centre
You’ll be part of our biggest Agile Release Train (ART) working with the SAFe framework in a DevOps Enablement scrum team. Together with your colleagues, you’ll collaborate closely to fulfil business needs. The DevOps Enablement team works hand in hand on introducing improvements and delivering value through development and implementation of DevOps methodologies and best practices. You’ll be a key member of our team, having direct impact and influence on the way we work. We offer a Scandinavian working culture focusing on diversity and inclusion, and we cherish work-life balance while also prioritising teamwork. As a team, we value curiosity and fun working together, therefore we combine office days with days working from home.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating application archetype templates, incl. CI/CD pipelines and deployment skeletons, which allows our team to spin up a new application in a matter of days
- implementing an observability framework and default dashboards, allowing teams to monitor and alert on key metrics out of the box, while allowing EPIC team to monitor centrally
- continuously strengthening our Kubernetes setup in a way which does not decrease the delivery speed, keeping us compliant with internal security policies and best practices
- supporting our developers and quality agents in integrating and developing test and verification tools into development, pipelines, deployments, and environments
- acting as point of contact between the ART and the technical communities of practice, enterprise architecture, Ørsted Developer Platform, and Quality Center of Excellence.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have strong cooperation capabilities with solid operational experience and the ability to solve problems alongside stakeholders
- have worked with containerisation technologies like Docker and Kubernetes (AKS) with the ability to incorporate IT and data security
- are acquainted with CI/CD pipelines and Infrastructure as Code, specifically with Azure ARM and Terraform
- are familiar with Azure Cloud architecture, incl. cloud environments like storage, queues, serverless functions, events, containers, etc.
- worked with automation tools, GitOps, ServiceNow integration as well as monitoring complex platforms such as Azure Monitoring, Application Insights or Prometheus.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 May 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michal Bartos, , on (+48) 507367039 on between - if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.