Finance and controlling
Imagine a future where you’re part of a team, developing and delivering world-leading ESG reporting
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a small team working with operational ESG (Environment, Social & Governance) Accounting and Controlling processes. We consider it our mission to work towards creating world-leading ESG reporting solutions to meet the EU’s sustainable finance initiative and other relevant international ESG reporting frameworks. You’ll be working on a combination of data collection and validation in both monthly and yearly processes, with a focus on improving these processes. Moreover, you’ll have extensive collaboration with many areas and teams in Ørsted, incl. ESG Reporting & Accounting excellence, Sustainability, HR, QHSE, and all parts of Operations.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be part of ESG Accounting & Controlling where you, together with your colleagues, will take care of our global ESG data collection, reporting, and controlling. You’ll be joining a new team of approx. five people within the Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC) team. We work together to anchor the ESG processes into our financial mindset in FAC to ensure strong and best-in-class processes while being capable of meeting the continuously evolving stakeholder requirements for ESG reporting. This will be done in collaboration with the ESG Reporting & Accounting excellence-team that drives the external Ørsted ESG reporting and will be a close collaboration partner. FAC forms part of a wider shared services function within Ørsted: Ørsted Business Services, where FAC is responsible for the record-to-report processes for both Financial and ESG reporting.
You’ll play an important role in:
- conducting our ESG month end close as e.g.: performing data collection, data controlling, performing group reporting, and working closely with your team members with respect to both the monthly and annual reporting, incl. supporting the audit cycle
- ensuring ESG data collection, controlling, and reporting is performed in a close collaboration with both the ESG Reporting & Accounting Excellence team and many other business stakeholders
- constructively challenging and improving the ESG Accounting & Controlling processes you are involved in, with the express purpose of improving delivery, quality, and efficiency
- performing internal controls and completing documentation to ensure ESG data quality meets external audit requirements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have or are studying to obtain a bachelor’s or master’s degree within a relevant area, e.g., Finance, Auditing, or ESG-related sciences
- have a strong financial or ESG-relevant background, with practical experience of data management, month end closing, and validation procedures
- have experience from working in audit or managing the end-to-end audit cycle within the financial, ESG, or similar relevant reporting framework
- have a strong interest in working with ESG accounting and controlling; it is an advantage if you have experience from working with relevant ESG reporting guidelines, standards, and reporting schemes
- find motivation through working in a culture characterised by trust and openness, giving and receiving constructive feedback, and collaborative working
- are able to communicate fluently in both spoken and written English.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 03 April 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marlene Franke Mozer, Head of Accounting & Controlling, on (Denmark +45) 23462946, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or the interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.