Engineering and construction
Senior Director, Solar Energy
Imagine a future where you work with a high performing team to deliver world-class technical analysis to support the development and operation of solar energy projects
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for ensuring our solar energy analysis methodology enables the realization of best-in-class operating assets, while working with a team that is committed to ensuring a successful transition to a sustainable energy future.
Welcome to Technical Analysis
You’ll be part of Energy Assessment where you, together with your colleagues, will conduct energy assessments for preconstruction solar projects, review and refine assessment methodologies, interface with internal and external stakeholders to determine the viability of both greenfield and M&A opportunities, and ensure advanced projects are valued in accordance to the high internal standards we set. As a team, we value collaboration, curiosity, individual contributions, and supporting the development of others.
You’ll play an important role in:
- ensuring our preconstruction solar energy analysis methodology is aligned with industry best practice
- developing an industry leading reputation for the organisation through industry events, presentations, and conferences
- training and supporting Energy Analysts
- reviewing and approving all solar technical analyses prior to distribution to Steering Committee
- analysing and interpreting measured solar resource and operational data.
To succeed in the role, you:
- possess deep understanding of solar energy assessment methodology and processes, incl. the ability to explain and defend the methodology
- have a commercial awareness, incl. an understanding of the US renewable energy market
- demonstrate attention to detail with a drive and patience to train others
- demonstrate a drive to lead through collaboration
- have the ability to work with remote teams
- have a detailed understanding of industry solar energy assessment software.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than March 31, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.