Engineering and construction
Senior Integrity Specialist, Mechanical
Imagine a future where you’re a key player in securing sustainable power generation throughout the entire lifetime of our wind turbines globally
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of our Mechanical team of specialists focusing on corrective actions, improvements, and maintenance optimisation on our fleet of Direct Drive wind turbines. You’ll use your experience from working with Wind Turbine Operations and Maintenance (O&M ) in driving dialogue with our Site Operations, Fleet Support and wind turbine manufacturers to ensure that we constantly optimise our Operations and Maintenance strategy, playing a key role in identifying and selecting retrofits to be implemented.
Welcome to WTG department - Global Operation, Asset Integrity Management
You’ll be part of our Mechanical team where you, together with your colleagues, will have a focus on our Direct Drive wind turbines across all subsystems and main components. You’ll work closely together with our Senior Integrity Specialist already in place for Direct Drive turbines, and the two of you will share the workload and the Direct Drive turbine generations between you. Both of you will be strongly support from our Main Component Specialists in WTG Systems, working with a cross-wind turbine type and generation focus. As a team, we work closely together and support each other with our experience and knowledge. We have frequent check-ins across the team, formally and informally, and we support each other across geographies.
You’ll play an important role in:
- driving assessments and following up on Retrofits to be prioritised and implemented for performance and reliability improvements
- working closely with Site teams and our Fleet Support function for understanding and assessing operational conditions and the integrity of the Assets
- defining and optimising the maintenance, in view of the ever-changing demands from our Park Owners
- supporting our Fleet Support and Site teams on cross-wind turbine problems and issues, and driving the dialogue with the Wind Turbine designer for corrections and improvements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a good understanding of wind turbine O&M , preferably gained through working on sites with commissioning and retrofit activities
- have an engineering degree within a mechanical area, and a good commercial understanding of wind turbine O&M
- possess strong stakeholder management skills and enjoy engaging with people at different organisational levels
- are collaborative and work as a team player.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 31 March 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Simon Jensen Laerke, Head of WTG Systems, on , if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.