Finance and controlling
Manager for ESG Accounting and Controlling
Imagine a future where you’re part of a team, developing and delivering world-leading ESG reporting
Join us in this role where you’ll lead a small team working with the operational ESG accounting and controlling processes. We’re working towards creating world-leading ESG reporting solutions to meet the EU’s Sustainable Finance initiative and other relevant international ESG reporting frameworks. Your work will be a combination of people management, as well as monthly data collection and validation of the ESG data, with a focus on improving these processes. Moreover, you’ll have extensive collaboration with many areas and teams in our organisation.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be creating a new team of approximately five people within the Financial Accounting & Controlling (FAC) team that will take care of Ørsted’s global ESG data collection, reporting, and controlling. The team will anchor the ESG processes into our financial mindset in FAC to ensure strong and best-in-class processes while being capable of meeting the continuously evolving stakeholder requirements for ESG reporting. This will be done in collaboration with the ESG Reporting & Accounting excellence team that drives the Ørsted ESG policy setting and external reporting and will be a close collaboration partner. FAC forms part of a wider shared services function within Ørsted: Ørsted Business Services, where FAC is responsible for the record-to-report processes for both Financial and ESG reporting.
You’ll play an important role in:
- creating a workplace that motivates and drives your team members, empowering them in daily decision-making, as well as providing challenges and guidance for their continual development
- being hands-on in the service delivery and working closely with your team members with respect to both accounting and controlling of the monthly and annual reporting, incl. supporting the audit
- setting and meeting achievable deadlines
- ensuring planning and transition of ESG processes from the ESG Reporting & Accounting excellence team and many other business stakeholders
- constructively challenging, improving, and building processes within the ESG Accounting & Controlling area, with the express purpose of improving delivery, quality, and efficiency
- developing our ESG processes, controlling framework, documentation, and ESG data quality to meet external audit requirements.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have experience as a hands-on manager or senior individual contributor within Finance or ESG reporting in a large company, or alternatively as an auditor of these processes
- have a strong financial or ESG relevant background with practical experience of data management and validation procedures
- have either a bachelor or master’s degree within a relevant area, e.g., finance, auditing, or ESG-related sciences
- have experience from working in audit or managing an end-to-end audit cycle within financial, ESG, or similar relevant reporting frameworks
- have a strong interest in working with ESG accounting and controlling – it’s an advantage if you have experience working with relevant ESG reporting guidelines, standards, and reporting schemes
- find motivation through working in a culture characterised by trust and openness, giving and receiving constructive feedback, and collaborative working.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 10 April 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marlene Franke Mozer, , on (Denmark +45) 23462946 if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.