Operations and technicians
Generation Control Center (GCC) Operator
Imagine a future where you lead the fight against climate change while providing the electricity that is an essential part of modern life
Join us in this role where you’ll you will monitor and control the largest offshore wind projects in the US from a state-of-the-art Control Center located in Port Jefferson, NY.
Welcome to Ørsted North America Offshore Operations
You’ll be part of the Generation Control Center where you, together with your colleagues, will ensure safe, compliant, timely, and reliable operations to achieve regulatory compliance while maximizing yield by monitoring and controlling assets during normal and emergency conditions.
You’ll play an important role in:
- controlling Wind Turbine Generators
- operating Information Technology Systems, incl. the Generation Management System
- regulating ancillary services
- monitoring alarm management and reporting
- communicating with regional Independent System Operators (ISOs), Transmission Owners (TOs), trading services and partners, and product vendors.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least three years of control center operations and/or renewable generation operations experience, preferably from the North-eastern US region and wind turbine generation
- have at least two years of management or supervisory experience, ideally within a control center or power plant
- have demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to train and develop others
- hold NERC certification, preferably Reliability Coordinator
- hold, or can obtain with company support, a PJM Generator Operator certification credential
- are able to obtain, with company support, the required Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules authorization.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing, green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 8, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
For the US, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US by email on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.
Relocation assistance offered.