Strategy and business development
Senior Commercial Manager (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you contribute to the commercial success of one of the largest German offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll work on highly relevant and complex commercial topics, and where you’ll represent the organisation towards our Joint Venture partners by ensuring best-in-class commercial and stakeholder management.
Welcome to Continental Europe Commercial & Asset Management
You’ll be part of the Portfolio GER & NL team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the management of commercial matters, contractual obligations, stakeholder relations, financial performance reporting, and ensuring compliance with local requirements. You’ll be responsible for managing the Borkum Riffgrund 1 offshore wind project, which consists of 78 turbines and has a capacity of 312 MW.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being the asset representative and first point of contact internally and externally for all commercial and partner-related topics for Borkum Riffgrund 1
- acting as the key interface for Joint Venture (JV) partners and managing communication and reporting towards our partners and regulators
- using value-driven principles to analyse and manage opportunities to optimise the asset business case, with a focus on revenue optimisation and identifying risks and mitigation measures
- interacting with internal stakeholders on complex technical, financial, regulatory, and commercial topics, as well as external stakeholders within the regulatory environment
- supporting the roll-out of cross-portfolio optimisation activities on the Borkum Riffgrund 1 asset.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a completed degree in business, economics, law, or similar
- have some demonstrable and relevant commercial experience and insight, ideally complemented by several years of sector-specific experience from offshore wind or utilities
- have an interest in understanding the financial, operational, and technical aspects of developing, constructing, and operating an offshore wind farm
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks quickly
- enjoy working in an international matrix organisation
- speak and write English and German fluently.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us in English no later than 31. August 2022. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Marjolein Hormes, Head of Portfolio GER, NL, on (Netherlands +31) 621685553, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in an office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application in English via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.