Marketing, branding and communications
Imagine a future where you lead communication activities, engaging with external and internal stakeholders for a global leader in offshore wind energy
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for communication, marketing, and media relations in Japan. You’ll work strategically to build our brand and reputation in Japan and support our ambition to catalyse green transformation in the Asia Pacific region.
Welcome to Asia-Pacific Communications
You’ll be part of our Asia-Pacific Communications team, where you, together with your colleagues, will drive branding and external and internal communication in the Asia Pacific markets, among others, Japan, Taiwan, Korea, and Vietnam. Our team strive to build strong relationships for Ørsted using the full range of communications tools to positively influence key stakeholders, incl. the government, policy makers, media, industry partners, local administrations, and communities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing strategic advice on communication and media relations to the country manager for Japan, as well as preparing and delivering speeches, written materials, and interviews
- developing and executing communication and marketing strategies to promote and build a strong corporate brand in Japan
- building and managing relationships with trade, regional, and national journalists, as well as relevant stakeholders, to enhance an understanding of our work
- delivering high-quality content, key messages, and building our brand through digital channels, incl. our website, social media, and events
- managing the relationship with several external PR, digital, and event agencies in Japan and ensuring high-quality delivery and value for money
- working closely with our project teams and functions in the country, regional and global organisation, and providing strategic advice and content development.
To succeed in the role, you:
- deliver high-quality communication content, incl. press releases, presentations, speeches, and social media posts, for external and internal audiences
- are able to brief and educate journalists on our business strategy and offshore wind projects, ensuring that our organisation maintains best practice in its engagement with the media in Japan
- are a team player, can learn new topics quickly, and have a proactive approach to identifying new communications and marketing opportunities
- are skilled at planning and executing activities in Japan to enhance our corporate reputation and stakeholder buy-in
- can provide expert media and external communications advice to colleagues in Japan and members of the APAC management team
- speak and write Japanese fluently and have very good English language skills.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-09-30. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations APAC, , on talentacquisitionAP@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position, you’ll be working in a(n) office-based set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.