Strategy and business development
Head of Project Development (m/f/d) for Onshore Wind and Solar Projects Germany
Join us in this role where you’ll be overall responsible for the origination, maturation, and success of our Onshore Wind and Solar activities in Germany.
Welcome to Europe Onshore
You’ll be responsible for leading the development and progress of our portfolio of Onshore Wind, Solar and Storage opportunities in Germany from project origination through to Final Investment Decision (FID). With your broad and deep understanding of the German Onshore Wind and Solar market, combined with a strong network across the sector, you’ll lead the external stakeholder dialogue and grow a substantial pipeline of development projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- helping to establish and recruit a project development team that can originate new development projects
- engaging and managing the work with co-development partners, with 3rd party experts and consultants required during permitting process
- establishing and maintaining contacts with distribution/transmission network operators to obtain grid access terms and sign connection agreements
- ensuring that the company is tracking the development status of projects in its pipeline and leading the planning and progress of each of the German development projects, guiding the project managers on German projects until FID, incl. establishment of business case and preparation of material
- support the further development of our onshore wind and solar strategy for Germany, incl. ensuring we have an updated overview of activities in Germany and regular contact with the relevant stakeholders
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience of successfully developing projects across the Onshore Wind/Solara sector (renewable energy project development) and ideally Storage through to FID (successful track record of projects)
- bring commercial acumen and understanding of regulatory aspects to the table, including experience with licensing and permitting procedures.
- use your extensive external network in the relevant areas of the German energy sector and well-versed in managing and leading senior level external engagement and negotiations
- understand what it takes to create alignment across multiple stakeholders and ability to bring people together around a project through joint purpose and passion.
- Fluency in English and German is required
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application in English to us no later than . We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition team -on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.