Finance and controlling
Lead Risk Analyst
Imagine a future where you enable the green transformation by managing the market risk on our North American wind and solar assets
Join us in this role where you’ll identify, analyze, and manage energy market risks related to our hedge portfolio and onshore and offshore wind and solar assets in the United States. You’ll make use of your analytical, technical, and visual skillsets to translate risks at asset, portfolio, and company level into actionable insights that will support the company’s ambitious strategic vision.
Welcome to Risk Management & Market Analytics
You’ll be part of Merchant Risk North America where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the risk management of energy market risks in our rapidly expanding North American portfolio. You’ll work closely with colleagues in both Chicago and Denmark to identify risks in existing and new market areas and take a leading role in developing our risk management capabilities.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing the merchant risk and hedge strategies related to North American wind and solar assets
- working closely together with traders, originators, and project developers on all topics related to merchant risk
- providing risk management input on investment cases
- playing a leading role in strengthening our global capabilities in managing merchant risk
- collaborating remotely on projects with risk management colleagues in Europe.
To succeed in the role, you:
- hold a bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, mathematics, data analytics, or a similar field of study
- possess knowledgeable insight into the US energy markets
- have relevant analytical experience within risk management or finance in the energy sector
- are outgoing, proactive, and keen on collaborating with colleagues around the globe
- are proficient in Excel and at least one of the following applications/languages: Power BI, SQL, Python, or VBA.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2022-06-20. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
We offer a flexible workplace, and in this position you’ll be working in a hybrid (office and home-working) set-up.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.