Strategy and business development
Commercial Manager (Walney 1, 2, 3 & 4)
Imagine a future where you work for the market leader in offshore wind to help drive the commercial performance of four wind farms in the UK, managing the relationship with joint venture partners
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for managing our investments and joint venture (JV) partnerships at the Walney 1 & 2 and Walney 3 & 4 (Walney Extension) offshore wind farms off the west coast of the UK.
Welcome to UK Asset Management, Coastal
You’ll be part of the UK Coastal team in the UK Commercial department in London where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for managing the JVs and maximising the value of four operational wind farms with a combined capacity of over 1 GW. As Commercial Manager, you’ll be the day-to-day representative of Ørsted towards our JV partners, collaborating with teams across the business, including finance, legal, operations, and engineering, to deliver the JV services.
You’ll play an important role in:
- JV management
- acting as the day-to-day Ørsted representative towards our four JV partners
- delivering all services related to managing the JVs (board meeting preparation, recommendations, budgets, reporting)
- ensuring that the JV Board is driving the focus on safety
- Commercial management
- handling commercial issues arising in the partnerships and negotiating and settling disputes, including end-of-warranty issues, as well as ensuring compliance with contracts and financial and legal obligations
- planning and assisting the operations team to ensure optimum commercial performance with respect to budget and lifetime value
- Risk management and value enhancement
- supporting the Head of Portfolio in optimising asset profitability (EBITDA and NPV), including risk management, contract management, and negotiating commercial matters with suppliers and stakeholders
- identifying and managing risks to the business case; working with experts across the organisation to drive projects to mitigate those risks and realise the opportunities to maximise lifetime value.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a degree in a commercial or technical discipline, for example economics, finance, law, or engineering
- have commercial insight, negotiation experience, and an understanding of the levers for improving the financial performance of assets
- have strong communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills for managing internal and external stakeholders across a wide breadth of activities
- have experience with commercial, contract, and/or project management
- ideally have a good understanding of the financial and accounting impacts of business decisions, a keen interest in the offshore wind business, and some experience working in client-facing roles, JVs or in asset management.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
If the working pattern you’re looking for is not specifically indicated in the job advert, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements. Send your application to us no later than 6 December 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Hugh Yendole, Head of Portfolio UK West 1, on +447532489348 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.