Strategy and business development
Imagine a future where you use your strong analytical background to grapple with how the company’s clean energy portfolio should evolve over time
Join us in this role where you’ll drive the analysis that determines our overall commercial strategy. This is a unique opportunity for a technical, commercial, and motivated specialist to grow in a cross-functional setting. You’ll exploit your strong analytics background to model, answer, and advocate how our clean energy portfolio should evolve over time (What tech? Which regions? When? How?). Over time, we expect you to embrace the expansive scope and ambition of the company’s platform and contribute broadly to global performance.
Welcome to Ørsted Onshore
You’ll be part of the Onshore Strategy team where you, together with your colleagues, will lead company thinking in its existing and potential operations. We demonstrate new business cases, advise on development and M&A transactions, coordinate closely with the Market Fundamentals team to develop global forecasts, perform corporate development activities, and lead internal consulting efforts to maintain our company’s leading position in the renewable energy industry. The Onshore Strategy team also houses analytical talent as a shared and coordinated resource across the rest of the business.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting strategic portfolio analysis and creating novel decision support tools that guide the company’s development, acquisition, and divestment plans for green energy infrastructure
- leading retrospective and prospective nodal analyses around existing and planned renewable generation resources, working closely with internal teams
- assisting the Global Market Fundamentals team in developing our company’s internal views of the US energy industry, including technological and regulatory projections
- researching and presenting on the state of the US energy system, as well as on changes in regulation and new research.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a strong academic or professional record in a quantitative field, such as engineering, which demonstrates analytical fluency
- have rich experience in the wholesale power industry (e.g. 2+ years), either professionally or through applied research in a graduate academic program
- have significant experience with nodal price analysis (e.g. 1+ years), understanding of congestion, etc. (academic experience, e.g. from a PhD involving power systems modeling, may substitute for professional experience)
- are fluent in R or Python and have meaningful experience with an SQL flavor.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 2021-11-15. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operations US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Due to the wide mandate of the Strategy team, this role should evolve rapidly to encompass greater responsibility in areas like business development, energy system modeling, and/or applied analytics.
This role is preferably based out of our Boston office, although the location is flexible for the exceptional candidate.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.