Engineering and construction
Imagine a future where you’ll help solve engineering problems and manage interconnection facility costs in order to make a project successful
Join us in this role where you’ll work directly with utilities and other groups to carry out the interconnection processes for utility scale wind, solar, and storage projects within a specified RTO/ISO or broader region. You’ll coordinate engineering studies and contracting negotiations that result in the successful construction of new green energy developments.
Welcome to Onshore
You’ll be part of the transmission team where you, together with your colleagues, will support the Engineering, Construction, and Project Acquisition teams in understanding interconnection requirements, costs, limitations, schedules, and fatal flaw analysis.
You’ll play an important role in:
- submitting and supporting the creation of interconnection queue requests representing the company’s portfolio
- supporting the engineering and construction of projects through the execution phase
- working together with the Asset Management department in ongoing operational activities of completed projects
- providing assistance to our origination department in offtake negotiations and deadlines related to interconnection
- assessing potential acquisitions and divestments, as needed
- coordinating with other system operations professionals responsible for grid reliability.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- have mid-level experience in Generator Interconnection or Transmission System Operations
- have prior experience with utilities in WECC/CAISO
- understand FERC/NERC/RTO processes and interplay, including Energy Markets
- are able to run Powerflow software such as PSS/E, Power World, and/or PSLF
- have strong communication skills and the ability to influence others.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 01-10-2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Operation US, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll need to meet with interconnecting utilities, construction teams, or vendors. Occasional travel to other Ørsted office locations may also be necessary for team meetings, project work, etc.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
Between 9-14 September, it will not be possible to apply for jobs with us due to technical maintenance.