Engineering and construction
Geoscience Construction Manager
Imagine a future where your technical experience builds the future of renewable energy in the US
Join us in this role where you’ll assist the Installation Management team in mitigating ground risks, preventing time and cost impacts, and delivering projects across our operations and maintenance teams. You’ll provide technical expertise and support of all geoscience-related matters during the construction process and review, develop, and support layout development.
Welcome to Geoscience Construction Management
You’ll be part of Geoscience Construction Management where you, together with your experienced colleagues, will support the development phases to ensure minimal construction risks and a smooth handover to our Operations and Maintenance (O&M) colleagues. The current Geoscience Construction Management team includes six people from the marine construction and survey sectors, based in three offices. Liaison between US, Europe and SE Asia should be expected in this role.
You’ll play an important role in:
- generating technical scopes of work for survey services during construction and in the tender process
- establishing and maintaining RTK-service
- providing expertise on survey and ground conditions for installation packages
- standardizing geodetic parameters, survey methodologies, and existing documentation between packages
- reviewing and supporting the layout development, from construction-related inputs to layout decisions, including UXO/MEC strategy within SI department during development
- transferring documentation from Construction teams to Operations and Maintenance departments.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant geoscience degree
- have good project management skills
- have experience of working within a multidisciplinary team on complex construction projects, from EPC tender phase and O&M through to construction completion and handover
- have experience of offshore construction installation methods, related survey and positioning techniques, and limiting installation factors
- have proven experience of variation order assessments on geoscience-related issues, such as ground conditions
- can lead on technical matters in a professional manner, both internally within the project team, with our contractors and their subcontractors, and with other external stakeholders.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than October 4, 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, Talent Acquisition Specialist, on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.
OBS: Between 9-14 September, it will not be possible to apply for jobs with us due to technical maintenance.