Finance and controlling
Senior Financial Consultant
Imagine a future where you’re in charge of the close process and responsible for operating the finance close on our SAP platforms and for implementing new financial close solutions
Join us in this role where you’ll be the service delivery owner responsible for maintaining and operating finance processes on our SAP platforms and developing new digital solutions together with a team of highly skilled professionals working with automating finance processes, controls, and disclosures. The challenge is to transform the financial close process to fit the global reality with multiple time zones and move towards a more digitalised reality, creating the most efficient and transparent month-end close.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be part of the Global Solutions & Maturation team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for driving the implementation of global streamlined processes within our record to report (R2R) area. The R2R covers month-end close, month-end reporting, financial controlling, and statutory accounts. You’ll work in an ambitious and bright team and service a department with approx. 60 colleagues.
You’ll play an important role in:
- operating the Group’s month-end closing processes in SAP in an efficient manner by preparing and communicating a detailed close schedule, making sure to create transparency for stakeholders in the process
- developing the system processes to handle an expanding business and an international setup
- setting goals and inspiring the team to increase the efficiency and transparency of the close
- initiating and driving system implementations (e.g. SAP S/4 Hana) and improving initiatives to the financial close process
- driving best practice for improving the financial month close by hosting and participating in close improvement team meetings where you conduct pre- and post-close sessions
- supporting colleagues in daily execution and monitoring of the area.
To succeed in the role, you:
- can define, document, communicate, and monitor the quality and timeliness of process deliverables – that is through KPIs
- have experience in operating and executing the financial close process in SAP ECC with a proven track record of implementing improvement initiatives and optimising the financial close process
- have experience in SAP transformation and in analysing, designing, and implementing system changes – potentially S/4 Hana implementation
- have the ability to communicate technical issues, plans, and solutions from both a business perspective and a technical perspective, providing pros and cons for recommended solutions
- have a relevant degree (master’s degree, ACA) in finance and experience within the financial close process from an international group or from a consultancy firm.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 26 September 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Allan Madsen, Senior Manager, on +4599559375 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.