Finance and controlling
Lead Financial Consultant, Internal Controls
Imagine a future where you work in a multinational team maturing and expanding our internal control framework
Join us in this role where you’ll assess risks and support the design and implementation of new controls, improve and standardise existing internal controls, and ensure internal controls continue to operate across the Group.
Welcome to Internal Controls
You’ll be part of the Internal Controls team where you, together with your colleagues, will expand, mature, and manage our Group’s internal control framework, shaping the future of risk management and controls in the Group. The team is responsible for internal controls over Financial, ESG and IT general controls reporting, and is growing to support the Group’s continued expansion into new markets and its 2030 strategy. The team of six reports to the Head of Internal Controls and is part of the Financial Accounting and Controlling function in Ørsted Business Services.
You’ll play an important role in:
- transforming our internal control framework through automation and rationalising controls
- supporting the annual risk assessment and driving the risk-based expansion of the control framework by ensuring effective documentation, design, and implementation of new controls
- monitoring, continuously improving, and standardising existing controls to ensure ongoing risk mitigation
- preparing reporting on the design and operating effectiveness of controls (including control gaps and implementation projects) for executive management and other stakeholders
- aligning and coordinating with external and internal audit and supporting the remediation of control weaknesses identified.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have extensive experience in working with an internal control framework in a multinational company., experience with ESG and/or IT General Controls is an advantage
- have worked to design, document, and support the implementation of internal controls, as well as monitoring and reporting on controls
- can demonstrate strong stakeholder management, change management, and communication skills
- have a solid risk and controls background, with relevant financial qualification, e.g. ACCA, CIA.
- are motivated by an open and trusting work culture, value giving and receiving constructive feedback, and enjoy proactively engaging with stakeholders
- speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 5 November 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Gemma Avery, Head of Internal Controls, on +4599551084 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.