If you think about how much the population is increasing and how much waste each of us produces, it´s clear we need new and innovative solutions for managing waste. Much of our rubbish could be recycled, in fact up to 84% of a typical average household
- Converting household waste to energy
Click on the icons of the wheel below to see how Renescience technology benefits us:
Benefits of Renescience
- Makes life easier
- Saves money
- Creates jobs
- Creates valuable resources
- Reduces air pollution
- Recycles more
Click on the icons of the wheel to see the wide reaching benefits of Renescience.
Using Renescience technology, there is no requirement for shredding, compared to source separation or incineration. This allows for a high capture rate of the biomass and recycling of materials. Furthermore, it complements dry source separation by households to push up recycling rates further.
Makes life easier
Renescience is a simpler and more efficient process than traditional waste management options. It makes our lives easier. It extracts as much of the useful waste as possible and deals with it in the most appropriate manner.
The collection system for Renescience is simpler than those for organic source separation systems so cost savings can be achieved. Additionally, Biogas is often incentivised by government schemes enabling even higher margins or reductions of gate-fees when competing in waste tenders.
Renescience Northwich, a world first full-scale bio plant, has employed up to 150 local people in its construction and will create approx. 25 full-time jobs once it's operational.
Creates valuable resources
Bioliquid used in the Renescience process is highly suitable for biogas production and a host of other chemical products. Metals and other high-grade plastics are also recycled
Reduces air pollution
Renescience reduces the need for incineration and therefore helps cut air pollution significantly. Under EU regulation, biomass is considered CO2-neutral.
- Treats up to 120,000 tons of waste per year equivalent to waste from approximately 110,000 UK homes.
- 5 MW of baseload electricity generation
- Creates clean recyclable material (plastic and metals), that can be used to make new plastic and metal based products
- Clean inerts/gravel will be produced for use e.g. road construction
- A by-product of the process – called digestate - can be used for land restoration (from mining).
- The non-recyclable parts such as shoes, pieces of wood, textiles, foils with no recycling interest etc. will become fuel material for cement kilns and/or incineration plants elsewhere.
Renescience technology as a service
Renescience can act as a” stand-alone” or” front-end” solution to various projects.
It can be used in combination with pre-sorting in households to achieve a much higher recycling rate, or it can be used instead of source sorting where more relevant.
Investment in technologies like Renescience help to achieve long-term profitable growth opportunities and value for communities.