Can you imagine yourself playing a vital role in shaping the future of Ørsted? Are you driven by exciting challenges? Do you want to transform from a talented student to a high-performing strategist within Europe’s fastest growing energy company?
Join the Ørsted Explorer Programme and get a steep learning curve from day one. We’re driven by a vision to create a world that runs entirely on green energy. And we’re no less ambitious when it comes to developing our interns.
We offer you an intense five-month’s development journey starting from 1 September, specifically designed to develop our strategists of tomorrow. You’ll be part of an innovative environment, where you’ll collaborate with leading experts and gain:
- hands-on experience as an in-house strategy consultant
- training, feedback and coaching to enhance your skillset and consultant toolbox
- a professional network across one of Europe’s largest and fastest growing energy companies
- regular feedback from experienced strategy consultants.
We’re ready to back your talent
An internship with the Explorer Programme turns textbooks into practice and accelerates your professional growth as you solve assignments with leading strategy experts on a daily basis. You’ll join a high-performing team of dedicated strategists and build a platform for a potential career at Ørsted after your studies.
Your key tasks will be to
- make strategy recommendations based on market trends across the energy sector
- analyse information from specialist units and external business partners
- prepare presentations and provide market intel
- initiate and manage strategic projects
- communicate our overall strategies in close unison with our executive management.
- You’ll be based at our office in Gentofte in the Greater Copenhagen area. Limited travel is expected.
How to become an Explorer
You can apply to the Ørsted Explorer Programme if you:
- are studying a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business, strategy, economics or similar with excellent academic credentials
- have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, personal drive and a high learning capacity
- are passionate about business strategy and innovation
- have an international and collaborative mindset
- are fluent in written and spoken English and are eligible to live and work in Denmark.
- In short: If you have high learning agility, strong analytical skills and a collaborative mindset with an eagerness to explore and pursue new possibilities in an international environment, please apply.
The internship is unpaid. You will, however, simultaneously engage in a paid student job (15 hours per week) in the same department in which you are hired as an intern. The student job would involve tasks related to your strategy internship. You may have the opportunity to continue in the student job upon completion of the internship.
Ørsted will cover travel expenses related to your daily commute to Gentofte.
Do you want to know more? Contact Rasmus Peter Brock Danielsen, our Strategy Project Leader, by telephone on +45 99 55 24 40.
We look forward to receiving your application, CV and diplomas as electronic files as soon as possible and no later than on Sunday, 31 March 2019. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Headquartered in Denmark, Ørsted’s 6000 employees develop, construct and operate offshore and onshore wind farms, bioenergy plants and innovative waste-to-energy solutions and provide smart energy products to its customers.
We’re Europe’s fastest growing energy company and a global leader within offshore wind. Our heritage is Scandinavian, our outlook international. More than two thirds of our operating earnings come from markets outside of Denmark, and we’re expanding worldwide. For more information on Ørsted, please visit orsted.com.