Operations and technicians
Specialist Travel Technician (m/f/d)
Imagine a future where you’re part of a highly skilled team of travel technicians providing onsite support to our offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for carrying out special tasks in the WTGs, and support the Operations Travel Technician team with ramp-up activities on new sites.
Welcome to Special Tasks & Inspections
You’ll be part of Travelling Technicians, where we offer an exciting position in a dedicated team in a fast-growing environment with great opportunity to develop personal and technical skills. You’ll be introduced to new turbine platforms and will be offered the necessary level training. You’ll primarily be working in a 14/14 rotation system with a 12-hour shift pattern per day for 14 days, followed by an off period of 14 days.
You’ll play an important role in:
- carrying out walk-down inspections in WTGs and driving train inspections with endoscope in WTGs
- carrying out replacements and up-tower repairs of WTG major components
- performing troubleshooting and repair activities of electrical and mechanical components
- leading service and troubleshooting teams in WTGs to support the ramp-up phase on new sites
- providing input for development of tools, RAMS, AWPs, and work instructions
- promoting high work ethics and performance and enforcing ‘the safe way or no way’.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant education and extensive technical skills acquired from working on MVOW V164 turbines, as well as knowledge of the offshore wind power industry
- have an aptitude for working in heights and offshore, which is essential
- are capable of joining Ørsted Authorisation for UK sites
- thrive on taking on complex technical challenges and coming up with professional technical solutions
- have the ability to establish, maintain, and develop effective relationships with a hands-on mentality
- have strong communication skills and speak and write English fluently.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 15 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Jesper Pedersen, Head of Resource Management, on +4599558386 if you’d like to know more about the position.
For Germany, please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations DE on firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to know more about the position.
For the UK, please contact talentacquisitionUK@orsted.co.uk if you’d like to request any flexibility or reasonable adjustments to perform in this role or for the application and assessment process.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.