Engineering and construction
Head of Engineering Management
Imagine a future where you energise our future portfolio of offshore wind farms.
Join us in this role as head of our Engineering Management department where you’ll ensure the development of the engineering management function, making certain that it develops and retains the capability of ensuring successful delivery of integrated foundation designs for our offshore wind farms.
Welcome to Foundations Engineering and Fabrication Management
You’ll be part of our management team in Foundations Engineering & Fabrication Management, where you’ll be head of Engineering Management. Your department consists of a growing team of currently 20 highly skilled technical project managers who have the responsibility for integrating numerous design disciplines and delivering holistic wind farm foundation designs to our projects.
You’ll play an important role in:
- planning, recruiting, and functionally managing engineering managers in all phases of a wind farm project
- setting the right team and drive forecasting of future needs with respect to competences and staffing
- developing team members’ personal and professional competences, and undertaking yearly performance and salary reviews
- planning and executing the quality assurance of the department’s deliverables
- maintaining and developing tools, processes, and ways of working, besides consolidating and implementing lessons learned to ensure continuous development and improvement of the department’s performance
- leading and coordinating with other managers on company-wide strategic objectives, enhancing quality, efficiency, and safety in our business.
To succeed in the role, you:
- are motivated by and have experience with providing functional leadership to a team of technical project managers
- have experience as (project)manager on large projects, understanding the project management tools and processes required to deliver large engineering projects and drive changes
- are energised by interacting with colleagues, and possess good stakeholder management skills
- possess the required understanding of the complexity of working in a matrix organisation to set the team up for success
- have excellent communication and influencing skills, and can develop effective networks within a multi-cultural and international company
- preferably, but not necessarily, have an educational background within engineering.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 8 March 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Christian Ulrich Barfoed, Senior Manager, on +4599556714 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll have direct reports in both Gentofte and Skærbæk. You’ll also be required to do occasional travelling to other countries where the project execution is taking place.