IT and digital
(Senior) Data Science Specialist
Imagine a future where you’ll contribute to our vision of leading the global green energy transformation with our pioneering one-of-a-kind waste-to-energy technology
Join us in this role where you’ll play an important part in developing our data infrastructure, enabling us to make fact-based decisions, supporting scientific projects with statistical methods, and learning from our data. You’ll report to the head of Asset & Commercial Management and work in close collaboration with colleagues across the Renescience departments.
Welcome to Renescience
You’ll be part of Asset & Commercial Management where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for ensuring that our commercial, technical, and operational business functions can make data-driven decisions and have efficient processes at their disposal and that the impact of improvement activities can be prioritised and maximised based on structured and insightful analyses. We work in close coordination with other functions and take a proactive approach to addressing challenges and solving problems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- developing and maintaining insightful reports in Power BI to drive operational excellence and enable our stakeholders to make fact-based decisions
- maturing and maintaining scalable data pipelines to efficiently analyse data, working with SCADA, Excel, and the Azure cloud platform
- identifying data improvement areas and ensuring that data is collected in the required quality
- deep-diving into our data to discover new correlations and communicating the results of analyses in a simple way that’s actionable for the business
- collaborating with technical experts to set up statistical best practices, designing measurements for experiments, and interpreting results.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, economics, or equivalent
- have experience with Power BI or similar data visualisation tools
- are proficient in Python (or similar) for quantitative data analysis from a vast range of data sources (experience with SCADA systems is a benefit)
- have a business-driven approach and understanding of statistical techniques to conduct experiments with our technical experts
- have a continuous learning mindset with interest in cloud-based data infrastructure and statistical machine learning techniques.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 19 January 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Andreas Zarp-Karsholt, Manager, on +4599557367 if you’d like to know more about the position.