Operations and technicians
Radio/Network Communication Engineer
Imagine a future where you’ll be working with the critical communication systems for our operational offshore wind farms, ensuring seamless communication systems across our offshore wind portfolio
Join us in this role where you’ll be working with our voice and data communication systems. You’ll be supporting our on-site personnel, ensuring that the systems are operational and respond to issues that occur. Furthermore, you’ll be working on improvement projects across the business in relation to our communication systems, playing a key role with your specialist knowledge in ensuring and improving the reliability of our communication systems.
Welcome to SCADA & Security
You’ll be part of the Communications team where you, together with your colleagues, will be working with failure analysis, management of lifecycle campaigns, and cyber security as well as with defining the maintenance programmes related to the SCADA and communication systems. The team is responsible for handling system failures, ensuring that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are completed. The job will also allow you a large degree of freedom and the opportunity to influence your own workday.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting our sites on technical issues on radio and other communication systems during operation
- ensuring proactive maintenance on radio and communication systems as well as in supporting the organisation in the implementation of new equipment
- securing the quality of the reporting on integrity issues and risks within the area as well as in managing radio licences
- engaging in discussions with supplier specialists regarding failure modes and upgrades as well as in managing such activities
- actively engaging with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- preferably have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical/software engineering or similar engineering knowledge
- have experience with maintenance of communication systems, preferably TETRA, combined with practical knowledge of the following technologies: VHF FM and AM, Microwave Link, AIS, ADS-B, and LTE systems
- have experience with failure investigation on communication systems and ideally have good IP network knowledge
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to operate efficiently in an international environment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than 17 January 2021. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Michael Holm Steenshard, Lead Integrity Specialist (SCADA), on +4599558895 if you’d like to know more about the position.