Business & Support- Economy & Finance
Senior Business Controller
Imagine a future where you’ll be the Senior Business Controller of Operations’ key functions and operational offshore wind farms.
Join us in the Operations & Asset Controlling team where you’ll play an active role in optimising our cost performance by providing financial insight to our Operations and Commercial functions. The Operations & Asset Controlling team’s work is varied and includes both monthly reporting and forecasting and analysis.
Welcome to Offshore Business Finance
You’ll be part of Operations & Asset Controlling where you, together with your colleagues, will be part of a global Finance team working with the Operations team to drive down the operating costs and the Commercial teams to maximise the EBITDA of the portfolio. We offer a unique and varied role where you’ll work across the offshore portfolio and have every opportunity to develop your knowledge, competences, and skillset. You’ll be an integral part of a team with competent and committed colleagues who’ll support you along the way.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for the monthly reporting and controlling for the Operations Commercial and Excellence central functions as well as one or more of the offshore wind farms in Germany
- creating the annual budget and providing input into reforecasting processes during the year
- partnering directly with the Operations and Commercial teams to understand the performance drivers and prepare commentary regarding monthly variances
- assisting in the production and continuous improvement of monthly management information and working with stakeholders to maximise the use of MI
- assisting in the master-data controlling of the SAP and SAP BPC system.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a relevant financial background such as a master’s degree in finance, economics, business administration, accounting, or similar
- have experience in dealing with controlling, budgeting/forecasting, financial reporting, and other financial matters
- possess strong Excel and PowerPoint skills with an interest in IT systems to help develop new reports that provide more dynamic analyses
- preferably have experience with SAP, SAP BPC, and Microsoft Power BI
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to present results to your business partners in a professional way
- thrive on cooperating closely with colleagues across a large and multicultural organisation and enjoy working in a fast-paced, growth-oriented, and international organisation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 8 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact David Murray, Manager, Operations & Asset Controlling, by telephone on +44 7900 778560 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll will be required to visit some of the stakeholders in our Copenhagen office as well as our locations in Germany.