IT- Infrastructure, Operation and Support
Senior Technology Consultant
Imagine a future where you develop your career while creating and maintaining stable Windows server infrastructure solutions for a global green energy leader
Join us in this role where you’ll be part of a team of nine Windows server infrastructure specialists who’ll be handling and operating the full stack of Windows servers, primarily Windows servers running on a VMware virtual platform and HP physical servers. We work efficiently and focused as a constructive team to create excellent Windows server solutions for the energy company of the future.
Welcome to Compute Operations
You’ll be part of Windows Server Operation where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the complete lifecycle of Windows servers from building and maintenance until decommissioning, including securing and optimising the server infrastructure. You’ll become part of a department responsible for compute, storage, AD, backup, file services, OS, and VMware, just to mention the largest areas.
You’ll play an important role in:
- being responsible for end-to-end Windows server operations, including building, supporting, securing, optimising, and decommissioning both on-prem and Azure cloud solutions
- being responsible for patch management and security compliance within the Windows server infrastructure
- working with infrastructure architects, application providers, and other core technical area experts on finding the best solution with Windows server technology
- developing and maintaining optimum monitoring solutions and accurate CMDB inventory details
- being responsible for SFTP, file share (DFS) solutions, active directory, and certificate service operations.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree in IT with extensive experience in managing Windows server infrastructure in an enterprise environment adhering to ITIL processes
- have solid experience in managing virtual servers using the VMware platform, physical servers, and Azure cloud servers
- have good exposure to or knowledge of other infrastructure components such as network, firewall, storage, and backup/restore
- have good hands-on experience of scripting using PowerShell or Python or any other scripting language
- have excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
- are able to define or refine processes and to prepare documentation.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 30 November 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Alysha (Noor Alysha) Aizai Azan, Recruitment Consultant, P&D Malaysia, by telephone on +603 92124256 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be visiting our headquarters in Denmark once a year for any assignments that need collaboration with the project team.