Sales – Sales support
Imagine a future where you get to generate value from trading, while enabling the green transformation of the energy sector
Join us in this role where you’ll play an active part in driving the performance of our trading activities in the UK power market.
Welcome to Market Trading
You’ll be part of UK Power Desk in Market Trading, which is our Group’s trading function. Together with your colleagues, you’ll trade power on the UK power market and other related markets to manage our exposure. You’ll report to the head of UK Power Desk.
You’ll play an important role in:
- trading renewable asset exposure in the UK power market, supporting the business in the successful management of exposure derived from our offshore portfolio
- delivering strong trading results in your own book and contributing to the desk’s performance by identifying and executing trading strategies in the UK power market
- working with our analysts on market analyses and delivering intelligence on the developments on the UK power market
- ensuring compliance in trade execution and with respect to risk mandates.
To succeed in the role, you:
- can demonstrate a strong track record of trading on the UK power market or other energy markets
- have a deep understanding of the fundamentals on the UK energy markets and have previously worked with stack models for power markets
- are used to working with Excel and VBA or other programming (e.g. Python)
- can demonstrate a strong trading discipline and effective risk management
- enjoy sharing your expertise with your colleagues, take responsibility, and cooperate smoothly within an international environment
- have experience working with options and Greek exposure – this is an advantage for the role, but not a requirement.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 30 October 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Peder Thomas Petersen, Head of UK Power, by telephone on +45 99 55 79 42 if you’d like to know more about the position.
Criminal record certificate
Please note that for Danish applicants, we may request a criminal record certificate in connection with this job, and that employment will be subject to the information listed. The criminal record certificate will only be used in the assessment if the criminal activity is of relevance to the position.