IT- System development & Programming
Senior Data Engineer
Imagine a future where you’re developing cloud-based platform solutions that enable the use of data across disciplines and business areas
Join us in this role where you’ll get the opportunity to architect and build end-to-end data engineering solutions that provide the foundation for an enterprise platform for cloud-based analytics across the company. You’ll be a part of the Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and will therefore work closely with product owners, subject matter experts, and business stakeholders. You’ll be advising the business on how to enable data in order to increase business value.
Welcome to Architecture, Data & Technology
You’ll be part of Data & Advanced Analytics (DAA) where you, together with your colleagues, will work on developing the Group’s data backbone, and where you’ll inspire and advise stakeholders on how to enable data. The DAA team is one of five teams in our Architecture, Data & Technology department. The team consists of 25 professionals within the areas of data management, data engineering, and data science. We’re committed to delivering on our company’s digital strategy and creating a strong platform for analytics, model management, machine learning, etc. – all built on cloud technologies
You’ll play an important role in:
- writing production-grade, peer-reviewed SQL and Python code with automated tests
- building, evolving, and maintaining the ingestion pipelines to the Data Lake platform and ensuring that data is made available in a way that is optimised for security, stability, and performance
- participating in developing the capabilities and governance of the data platform
- maintaining a constant dialogue with the business data scientist community to find ways to optimise data packaging and structuring to enable reuse and support of common business scenarios
- setting up monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have substantial experience with RDBMS and SQL and substantial development experience using Python
- have solid experience working with Spark/PySpark and NiFi
- have solid experience with cloud platforms and container technology (we use Docker)
- have experience with monitoring and orchestration of data pipelines
- have substantial experience with Linux and Linux-based applications.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application no later than 1 December 2020. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.
Don’t hesitate to contact Tristan El Jed, Team Lead, ADT GDC, by email on recruitment_MY@orsted.dk if you’d like to know more about the position.