Operations and technicians
Imagine a future where you manage and organize operations, ensuring a strong QHSE culture at our Mockingbird Solar Center located in Lamar County, Texas
Join us in this role where you’ll manage day-to-day operations, engage with our O&M Service Provider, local stakeholders, landowners, and local authorities to support the successful operation of the project. Most importantly, you’ll take lead on driving world-class QHSE culture and performance at our Mockingbird Solar Center located in Lamar County, Texas
Welcome to Generation Onshore
You’ll be part of Texas Region Operations where you, together with your colleagues, will provide safe and reliable operations at the Mockingbird Solar Facility. As a team, we play a pivotal role in a high-performing and fast-moving department, while encouraging personal and professional growth.
You’ll play an important role in:
- managing day-to-day operations of the wind farms, incl. QHSE, site performance, compliance, planning, and budgeting
- engaging with local landowners, agencies, and authorities
- collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that the sites are providing safe and reliable operations
- delivering high asset availability and power production through world-class technical performance.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least five years of experience in operations or maintenance in power generation, transmissions, distribution, or a related field, with a journeyman or master electrician license or time in the armed services substituting for years of experience
- have been in a supervisory role for more than a year
- are able to work on-call, overnight, and in adverse weather conditions
- are physically able to satisfy safety requirements of climb equipment and systems and climb wind turbines of varying heights.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than [[applicationDeadline]]. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll assist other operation projects as well as travel to obtain all necessary training requirements for the job.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.