Operations and technicians
SCADA Engineer (WTG/SCS)
Imagine a future where you ensure optimal technical operations while improving the cybersecurity of our SCADA systems on offshore wind farms
Join us in this role where you’ll work with a wide variety of control systems and gain experience in other systems which are critical to the operation of a wind farm. As a part of the SCADA Engineering team, you’ll set the standards for cyber security and will be able to significantly expand your knowledge of SCADA and cyber security.
Welcome to OT & Security Product Line
You’ll be part of our SCADA team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the overall handling and daily operation of Offshore’s production SCADA, communication, and support systems. You’ll become part of a team that ensures the operation of our SCADA control systems, focusing on Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) and Substation Control Systems (SCS). We’re also responsible for cybersecurity on all systems, and we assist our sites in case of system failures. We have a culture of learning and improvement, working as a team, helping across, and we have a flexible working environment. As a team, we support each other to deliver on our stable operations strategy by learning from each other.
You’ll play an important role in:
- supporting our sites by managing and following up on technical issues during operation to ensure integrity is maintained and that corrective actions are performed in the optimal way
- ensuring cybersecurity by proactively addressing issues and opportunities, and by supporting the organisation in implementing new equipment
- implementing complex functionality for the WTG/SCS control systems, together with our sites and external suppliers
- being responsible for supplier management regarding failure modes and upgrades
- engaging actively with other parts of Operations on cross-departmental projects.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a good SCADA/OT/IT knowledge, possibly acquired through a bachelor’s or master’s degree in electrical, software, or similar engineering branch
- have experience with SCADA systems or networks from leading wind power generation or electrical transmission manufacturers
- have experience with failure investigation on SCADA systems, and ideally have good network knowledge
- preferably possess knowledge of ISO2700x, NERC-CIP, IEC62443, or similar OT security standards for implementation of technical controls roadmaps and close compliance gaps across portfolio, multivendor, and country legislations
- mature and accelerate security risk assessments to continuously look for unknown or unrelated vulnerabilities
- maintain and run security operations services, frequently to be documented and evidenced for reliability and compliance obligations.
Maybe you’ve read the above and can see you have some transferable skills, even though they don’t quite match all the points. If you think you can bring something to the team, we still encourage you to apply.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.