Engineering and construction
Electrical Engineering Graduate
Step into a career with a global green energy leader where you'll be part of expanding the rapidly growing North American offshore wind industry
The Ørsted Global Graduate Program is designed to unleash your potential and give you the unique opportunity of a fast-tracked career in Ørsted. We offer you an intense two-year developmental journey where you’ll learn from experts within your field and get international project experience, tools to drive innovation, and a strong cross-functional network with other talents.
The Graduate journey
Our Graduate Program consists of two-three rotations, where you’ll solve business challenges, take responsibility for your own assignments, and engage in our day-to-day business decisions.
We offer you an intensive development journey across locations in Europe and in the U.S., where you’ll have a mentor to guide you and help you develop your skillset. You’ll get concrete career opportunities upon completion as part of the US Offshore Wind Electrical team. We’ll plan your journey through different departments to ensure that you gain valuable cross-functional experience and build a strong internal network. You’ll start in a department focusing on delivering substation control systems, and you’ll continue to departments working with wind turbine SCADA and cyber security for critical infrastructure while maintaining a focus on how this can improve the quality of the substation control systems.
You’ll play an important role in:
- handling project-related technical communication with contractors delivering substation control systems
- aligning important interfaces with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure uninterrupted control and monitoring of electrical components
- collaborating with SCADA control specialists to design and ensure quality of automation and control systems for wind turbines
- ensuring compliance of critical energy production infrastructure with the IT/OT security standards, in particular NERC-CIP
- ensuring that the correct cyber security level is implemented on the SCADA systems to fulfil country specific and global company requirements.
To succeed in this role, you:
- have a bachelor’s degree or master’s in electrical engineering or similar from before September, 1 2024
- have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- speak and write English fluently, enabling you to communicate efficiently in a global setting
- have a strong analytical approach, enabling you to handle a range of complex tasks effectively
- are self-motivated, a quick learner, and enjoy meeting new people
- are solution-oriented, proactive, and not afraid of reaching out to senior level engineers.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
The best first step you’ll ever take
Send your application, CV, and most recent grade transcripts as soon as possible and no later than October 8, 2023. We’ll conduct interviews shortly after.
Please don’t hesitate to write to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Step closer to a career as a graduate in Ørsted
In Ørsted, we help accelerate your talent into an international career within your professional field. See our Global Graduate Program overview, read more about the recruitment process, and find out how you can help us turn visions into reality.