Finance and controlling
Imagine a future where you’re part of a team that ensures excellent financial reporting by leveraging your analytical skills and accounting knowledge
Join us in this role where you’ll be responsible for a broad set of financial accounting and reporting processes concerning our Group's legal entities in the Americas region. You'll be involved in month-end close processes, account reconciliations, and the preparation of financial statements.
Welcome to Financial Accounting & Controlling
You’ll be part of our global Financial Accounting & Controlling team where you, together with your colleagues, will be responsible for the financial reporting and delivering standardized, high-quality, and timely accounting and reporting products. Working from our Chicago office, you'll be part of a fast-growing local team that supports our Americas business. As a team, we’re united in supporting each other's development and delivering on outcomes with integrity and by valuing teamwork.
You’ll play an important role in:
- maintaining the general ledger and preparing financial journals, incl. prepayments, expense accruals and intercompany
- performing periodic reconciliations for your entities' balance sheet accounts
- preparing statutory financial statements in accordance with US GAAP accounting standards and providing supporting audit documentation as required
- reporting on several legal entities for month-end close reporting through our group consolidation system
- delivering on other local reporting requirements, e.g., tax reporting and industry surveys
- driving continuous optimization of processes, specifically in connection with month-end closing and our reporting systems.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have a bachelor's degree in accounting, controlling, or similar, preferably CPA
- have relevant experience working in a public accounting firm or a dynamic finance team, system experience with SAP Financial or HFM will be beneficial
- speak and write English at an advanced level, and can communicate clearly in writing, and excel at communicating financial concepts
- have an analytical and logical approach to issues as well as the ability to critically handle information you receive
- are results-oriented and set visible and relevant goals for your tasks
- thrive in a fast-changing environment, take independent responsibility, and enjoy working with colleagues across teams and national borders.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than April 30, 2023.
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments or accommodations to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.