Operations and technicians
Transmission Specialist, High Voltage Electrical System
Imagine a future where you support our green energy transformation by managing operations and maintenance of transmission assets in the wind farm
Join us in this role where you’ll support our North-East Program of offshore wind farms. You’ll be responsible for commissioning, maintaining, operating, and trouble-shooting high and low- voltage equipment in a safe and controlled manner, as well as providing safety guidance for all working parties in accordance with Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse work environment and encourage career-long learning and development so our people can realise their full potential. The role will be based both onshore and offshore.
Welcome to Region Americans Operations
You’ll be part of High Voltage Transmission System team where you, together with your colleagues, will service, maintain, and repair the HV equipment in electrical substations throughout the region. In this role, you’ll report to the High Voltage (HV) Transmission System Manager. As a team, we maintain a safety culture and are able to reliably maintain the bulk electric transmission system.
You’ll play an important role in:
- providing safety by electrical or mechanical isolation, earthing, and switching of high-voltage and low-voltage equipment in substations for both planned and unplanned work on the high- voltage transmission system
- undertaking preventive and corrective maintenance of the high-voltage transmission substation assets in accordance with manufacturers’ instructions
- performing troubleshooting activities using alarm signals on SCADA or local control system
- understanding different transmission system operational system configurations and contingencies for a wind farm and being able to comprehend transmission system relay protection schemes
- overseeing outage management and network control, in collaboration with relevant personnel, and being able to operate the transmission assets using the SCADA or local control System
- leading contractors and working parties working on transmission assets within a substation and participating in coordination of inter-system operation, testing, and associated safety procedures.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have at least five years of electrical working at substations as a Qualified Person operating under the company’s High Voltage Safety Rules
- are experienced in performing switching operations on high-voltage transmission assets
- have experience working at transmission and distribution voltage levels
- will need to become a Qualified Person (often referred to as an Authorized Person) under the Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules (ØESR), with support and training provided to gain this internal accreditation in the first year of employment
- are able to work a shift-pattern, sometimes spending up to seven days offshore at a time, on a Service Operation Vessel (SOV)
- clear the medical checks and safety training programs as required by Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards and have a valid US driver’s license.
Join a global leader in renewable energy
Ørsted is a growing green energy major and global leader in climate action. With us you’ll play a part in driving change towards a green energy future. You’ll grow your talent in a fast-paced and high-growth industry where you have plenty of opportunities to learn and develop through challenging assignments and industry-leading experts. Here, you can perform in a friendly work environment based on trust, respect, and collaboration.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than September 30, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis and reserve the right to take down the advert when we have found the right candidate.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Talent Acquisition Operations US, , on talentacquisitionUS@orsted.com, if you’d like to know more about the position. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment or interview process, we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do regular traveling in relation to your work, as you’ll be required to travel for up to 75% of your first year of employment. Travel may cover both Europe and America.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages and answer the screening questions relevant for your country.