Operations and technicians
Field Engineer, Offshore Wind Operations
Imagine a future where you support our green energy transformation by supervising the operation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of our transmission assets
Join us in this role where you’ll become a Field Engineer supporting our Northeast Program of offshore wind farms. You’ll be supervising teams responsible for commissioning, maintaining, operating, and troubleshooting system events on high and low voltage equipment in a safe and controlled manner. You'll ensure that all working parties work in accordance with Ørsted’s Electrical Safety Rules. The role will be based primarily onshore, with the occasional requirement to be offshore on the assets.
Welcome to Operations North America
You’ll be part of the HV and Transmission System Team where you, together with your colleagues, will supervise colleagues in servicing, maintaining, and repairing the HV equipment throughout the region. We cultivate a collaborative, dynamic, and diverse work environment, encouraging career-long learning and development, so our people can realise their full potential. In this role, you’ll report to the High Voltage (HV) Transmission System Manager.
You’ll play an important role in:
- leading safety coordination and defining safety procedures for all electrical matters
- managing the implementation of the Ørsted Electrical Safety rules on site, incl. the safe system of work, and ensuring compliance with the rules
- advising operationally on High Voltage electrical installations to wind turbines, offshore substations, and HV subsea and onshore cables
- overseeing all high, medium, and low-voltage electrical operational activities to ensure the safety, security, and integrity of the HV network
- controlling outage management, network control and operational procedures related to the energization and de-energization of all assets
- responding to system alarms in a timely manner, whilst performing troubleshooting activities and providing root-cause analysis.
To succeed in the role, you:
- have 7+ years’ experience working in electrical and maintenance, and as a Qualified Person and Field Engineer operating under company high-voltage safety rules
- have experience working at transmission and distribution voltage levels
- have 3+ years’ working experience within onshore substation systems
- have experience managing High-Voltage switching
- can clear medical checks and safety training programs, as required by Global Wind Organisation (GWO) standards
- will need to become a Qualified Person (internally referred to as a Lead Senior Authorized Person) under the Ørsted Electrical Safety Rules (ØESR), with support and training being provided to gain this internal accreditation in the first year of employment.
Join a world leader in green energy
Ørsted is a global leader in offshore wind energy and ranked the world’s most sustainable energy company. To be a frontrunner, we invest significantly in employee development, and from the moment you join us, we’ll support your personal and professional growth. Here, you’ll get the opportunities that will unleash your full potential, and you’ll experience a collaborative, diverse, and dynamic work environment.
Shape the future with us
Send your application to us no later than May 31, 2023. We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis. If you need to request any adjustments to working practices, working patterns, or the assessment process we're happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Please note that you’re expected to do some travelling in relation to your work, as you’ll be required to travel for up to 30% of your first year of employment. Travel could cover both Europe, America and, possibly, Asia.
Please note that for your application to be taken into consideration, you must submit your application via our online career pages.